Photography & Videography
- Smartphones: This guide applies to both Android and Apple smartphones.
- Camera Apps: In addition to the native camera apps on your device, several third-party camera apps are also available to download from either the Apple or Android app stores.
- Free camera apps include: Yamera, Manual Cam, Focos and Solar Snap
- Attach your smartphone securely to the SafeShot Eclipse Viewer. SEE SAFESHOT INSTRUCTIONS!
- Open your preferred camera app and switch it into Manual Mode.
- Once in manual mode, you will want to adjust your ISO settings and Shutter Speed settings per the graphic below.
Limitations & Challenges
The best way to understand the functioning of the SafeShot system, is to use it to image the Sun (without any eclipse going on), this will give you experience for the early phases of a solar eclipse. Did you know that a full moon give off the same amount of light as a total solar eclipse? Yup it’s true. If you break out your SafeShot and smartphone during a full moon, you should be able to image the full moon based on Phase 4 settings above. Giving you an opportunity to test setting for the eclipse totality.